Many people have no problems crafting plans. It is in sticking with the plans and making it work that makes people go gaga.
Plans are an integral part of running and grooming a successful business venture. Nothing is greatly achieved in the absence of a sensible plan. It has to be a part of the system of every business entity. It is the blueprint of a business, without it, things could really get chaotic in the process. Plans however, no matter how grand, are rarely implemented the way it is designed to be implemented. Sometimes people craft plans just out of necessity and not really for the sake of making it as a concrete guide as it really is. Businessmen make carefully crafted plans, with impressive goals and strategies, and then leave it as it is. They come up with great plans at the start, and then come up with petty excuses when implementation is called for.
If you wish to succeed in your business, you really have to learn to stick with your plans. Make it useful. Or should I say use it as it is designed to be used. It could be your map of driving your business towards the path that you want it to take. Having a plan and implementing what it says makes it easier for you to manage your business and will give you desirable results. If plans are so crucial, then why so many people ignore implementing it? To help you in making your plan work for you, remember these:
- Put your plans into writing. It makes it easier for you to implement it if the details are written.
- Make your goals specific. Leave nothing in ambiguous terms.
- Keep your focus at all times. Never be swayed by the threats and challenges along the way. Think of it as natural occurrence of nature.
- Make your plans practically sound. Meaning that it is workable under any circumstances. If the point is to make your goal achievable then make your plan doable as well.
- Share your plans with like-minded people. Withhold no details. Explain your plans and ask for their feedback how to make the plan better.
- Keep track of all your victories and challenges. This will help you gauge the soundness of your plan and it could also tell you whether you need to do some revisions with the plan.
- Gauge the results objectively. Any unfavorable results should be met with a positive attitude to make it work somehow
- Never give up!
So if you have a plan, make it work!