If you believe you are having difficulty with publicity, then maybe it is timely that you already employ these simple DIY PR tips to help you out.
Start getting the kind of publicity that you want by employing these four simple techniques:
1. Simply ask
You do not need to wield complex procedures to generate publicity for your business. It is not really as hard as you might think it is. You simply ask the media people to promote your business for you and some of them will be more than willing to spare a few minutes of their precious time writing and talking about your products and services.
2. Do your PR works personally
I am not saying that securing the services of a PR firm will do you no good; in fact, it is a great help in conveying your message to your target audience. However, it is a known fact that PR firms and agencies cost a lot. Sometimes the monetary requirement is just beyond your capacity to pay. That is why it is only justifiably practical to suggest that you handle the PR works for your own business as long as the tasks are still manageable. Sometimes it will even work to your own advantage if you are the one dealing with the journalists because most of them prefer to extract comments from the business owners rather than just with public relations representatives.
3. Research before you plunge
Publicity could spell your demise if you do not know how to handle it or you are not ready to engage. This happens if you did not make sure to make the needed research about vital information before you made contact with the journalist. Make sure you have already pretty much covered anything that you wish to talk about by the time that a spontaneous interview will materialize.
4. Make good use of the principle of timing
Make your story trendy to make it more appealing and newsworthy for the media people to work on.
Customise your new business according with the latest outfit
When your business is something new and is conceptualized according to the latest ideas, the media might generally like it to use in their story.
Always be ready on opportunities of associating your stories on the latest happenings. Nothing could be more in timing than that. Like at the height of economic crunch, the media feasted on stories about financial management.
Use the seasonal holidays to provide you an idea of what materials to produce to create a great impact for your message.
When you share your expertise to the public, your story will definitely gain popularity with great impact and effect.
5. Deliver only relevant news materials
You have to be able to determine the kind of headlines of which you want to hook your own generated news. Make sure to give your best in offering only significant news. These are a few pointers to help you out in determining whether the news will interest your target audience.
- It has to be relevantly new. Time is of the essence if you wish to capture the interest of your audience.
- Make sure your news is within the premises of your area of concern.
- As much as possible, your news must feature people that are readily identifiable, such as politicians, celebrities and sports figures.
- Unusual news will definitely generate curiosity and interest, so it is also a great way of gaining publicity.
- News with a touch of conflict is another way of tapping people’s interest.
- Some hyped-up products use suspense to entice the audience’s attention, capitalising on the people’s building curiosity.
- News that has a shade of human struggle and success, emotional and inspirational will definitely capture the interests of the readers and viewers.
- Your news must be something that will have a direct impact to the hearers. It is a lot more enticing to listen to news when you know that you are involved, directly or indirectly, with the given situation.