Fear is a natural human instinct, even the bravest and most experienced feel fear, and the only difference is how well it is handled. Fear can even be used as a catalyst to do something great, as a stimulant to want to be better.
I have come to witnessed someone spoke in court with the excellent confidence that one glance of him would make someone think his gift is in-born. But the truth is, he was just like anyone of us, he started as a terribly speaker, he trembles in front every time he speaks. His fear overwhelms him when he stands and speaks. But instead of succumbing to the paralyzing effect of fear, he rather did the opposite. He used fear to stimulate him to become better. He went out of his way and learned the required techniques of public speaking. He desired to be better, and so he became way better than he was. He grabbed every opportunity to test his newfound confidence and skill, and then fear gradually become lesser until he was able to conquer it.
He might have stumbled and made a few mistakes as he learned but all the while he makes his leaning greater; he never wavered. He conquered his fear by fear and so succeeded.
We have a tendency to procrastinate towards conquering fear. But fear stays as fear when we do nothing about it. We have to make an active stand on overcoming our worst fears. Fear keeps us from being the best that we are designed to be. So to help you with overcoming fears, it might help you to repeat some Positive Words and Affirmations:
Speak Positive Words
- I will conquer my fear
- I will not be deterred by fear in any way
- I will not procrastinate, I will do it now
- I will improve my skills, I will become better
- I will seek people’s council and wisdom
- I will make mistakes my stepping stone towards progress
- I will exhaust all possible ways to improve myself
- I will never be conquered by failure
- I will succeed at all cost
- I will experience growth and progress along the way
Speak forth Affirmations
- I am successful in everything I do
- I am as brave as any of the great heroes
- I am as skilled as the greatest artists
- I am poised for all the great possibilities
- I am loved
- I am secure
- I will live to be a blessing for others
You get to choose your own affairs, you choose your fate. Success do not happen by accident, it is always by choice. Therefore, when fear grips you, choose to be confident instead. When you feel like giving up, choose to strive harder instead. Choose to become better than dwindle in frustrations. Choose to be confident.