Here are some of the most practical and effective ways of writing an article that will capture the interest of both the clients and the target audience.
Provide useful information
You should be able to address your target audience’s concerns and in one way or another should offer some insights about how to go about them. The context of your article must somehow capture your audience’s interest and not entirely of your own.
Save the advertising for the author resource box
Reject any impulse to project self advertisement as the main context of your article; otherwise, it jeopardizes its credibility. Editors hate the fact that some writers do not know the difference of an article from a press release; and when they see one, they out rightly reject them. Your article’s priority is to give information rather than for advertisement purposes.
Use correct spelling
An erroneous article is good for nothing especially if its primary errors are in spelling. An error free article commands greater credibility.
Be aware of word count
Be sensitive of your readers’ need for brevity. Make your point concise and free from clutters. An ideal online article contains about 300 to 500 words. If you want your articles to really help the readers absorb the information you want to convey, then limit your words without actually limiting the ideas. This pointer is a premise to my next one…
Break up big blocks of text
You must be able to present your most important pointers with big blocks of text arranged in subheadings or bullet points. This is so you could highlight the essential ideas even if the readers are just skimming.
Use an effective framework
Sure there are a couple numbers of ways to write an effective article, but the following contains the most practical article writing framework I have been using in my writing jobs. It helps to get to know these pointers as it might help you along the way just as it does for me. .
1. Heading: Be sure to make an effective heading with a statement that clearly states the general context of the article. For example, efficient ways to lose weight.
2. Teaser paragraph: Include a brief yet beguiling article summary to give your readers the desire to continue reading the article.
3. Body: Use subheadings or bullet points in capturing the main ideas. And make sure to expound the most important things you wish to convey
4. Conclusion: make an effort to give your readers a short wrap-up that sums up the whole thing.
5. Author Resource Box: Make sure to state your identity, your purpose and your target audience. You could even include your website address or any contact details for a more comprehensive profile.
Follow the contributor guidelines
The success of your article also heavily depends on your adherence to the guidelines set forth by your contributor.
You may now start putting into practice whatever you have learned from these tips and witness firsthand if indeed it works.